Skip navigation
NASA Logo, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
704 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2008 2:02 PM by sstrahan RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2008 12:47 PM

Runs for Hongyu

Hi Megan,

The code and input files that I was using for the runs for Hongyu are located here:

/discover/nobackup/gswojcik/gmi/gmiruns/shorttsts with the input files in input/

The run script I was using is hongyu_dao_ref

I was using an older version of the gmi code and was having trouble with the model getting stuck early on and not outputting any data (although the output files were created).

Please let me know if you have any questions...we can talk more about this whenever you have time.

Gary

• Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2008 1:30 PM (in response to Gary Wojcik)
    Re: Runs for Hongyu

Hi all,

I would like a short science description of these runs.  For one, it helps to review namelist parameters and preliminary output results.  Also, knowing the context of the runs will help with the naming of the experiment and the output files.  I understand we want to run at a lower resolution with two sets of older met files, GISS and GEOS-1 with the new code.  Do we want to run with the same tag from the most recent Aura4 run?  Or, do we want the trunk of the code?

Also, I will assume that the time of the runs is dependant on the met field availability:

- 1977 for GISS

- end of February 1997 - June 1998 for GEOS-1 (DAO fields)

Any and all feedback would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Megan

• Currently Being Moderated
      May 21, 2008 2:02 PM (in response to Megan Damon)
      Re: Runs for Hongyu

Hi all,

A short science description should come from the person requesting the run: Hongyu (hyl@nianet.org). I will ask him today to send one to you. To confirm, yes, the runs will be done at the resolution of the old met fields, 4x5 in the horizontal, using the native grid in the vertical. Hongyu doesn't care which model build you use, aura4 or the trunk. What he is looking for comes from the 'badness' of the met fields. The year labels of the runs are irrelevant. Just run one year with the existing bad old met fields. He wants a bad run! And he wants it badly.

Susan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

USAGov logo NASA Logo - nasa.gov