Skip navigation
NASA Logo, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
1664 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 1:53 PM by jvgeiger RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 27, 2008 2:48 PM

Compiling with NetCDF

Can anyone tell me how to get LIS to compile on Discover with NetCDF turned on?  I am using -I/usr/local/other/netcdf/3.6.2-intel-10.1.013/include with the Intel Fortran compiler comp/intel-10.1.017.  Here are the make command and its output.

cbblanke@discover08:~/lis50/src/make> make

mpif90 -c -g -u -traceback -fpe1 -nomixed_str_len_arg -names lowercase -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -DHIDE_SHR_MSG -DNO_SHR_VMATH -DIFC -I/discover/nobackup/projects/lis/esmf_2_2_2rp3_intel_9_1_049/mod/modO/Linux.in tel.64.mpi.default -I/usr/local/other/netcdf/3.6.2-intel-10.1.013/include -DSPMD -DUSE_INCLUDE_MPI -debug extended -check all -check noarg_temp_created -fp-stack-check -I. -I. -I../core -I../plugins -I../domains/latlon -I../domains/gswp -I../domains/polar -I../domains/lambert -I../domains/merc -I../domains/catchment -I../domains/gaussian -I../runmodes/retrospective -I../runmodes/wrf_cpl_mode -I../runmodes/GAoptimization -I../params/albedo/latlon -I../params/albedo/gswp -I../params/albedo/polar -I../params/albedo/lambert -I../params/albedo/merc -I../params/albedo/gaussian -I../params/topo/latlon -I../params/topo/polar -I../params/topo/lambert -I../params/topo/merc -I../params/topo/gaussian -I../params/gfrac/latlon -I../params/gfrac/polar -I../params/gfrac/gswp -I../params/gfrac/lambert -I../params/gfrac/merc -I../params/gfrac/catchment -I../params/gfrac/gaussian -I../params/lai/latlon -I../params/lai/gswp -I../params/lai/polar -I../params/lai/lambert -I../params/lai/merc -I../params/lai/catchment -I../params/soils/latlon -I../params/soils/gswp -I../params/soils/polar -I../params/soils/lambert -I../params/soils/merc -I../params/soils/gaussian -I../params/landcover/latlon -I../params/landcover/polar -I../params/landcover/lambert -I../params/landcover/merc -I../params/landcover/gaussian -I../params/tbot/latlon -I../params/tbot/gswp -I../params/tbot/polar -I../params/tbot/lambert -I../params/tbot/merc -I../params/tbot/gaussian -I../interp -I../baseforcing/template -I../baseforcing/gdas -I../baseforcing/geos -I../baseforcing/ecmwfreanal -I../baseforcing/nldas -I../baseforcing/ecmwf -I../baseforcing/gswp -I../baseforcing/gswp1 -I../baseforcing/nldas2 -I../baseforcing/saldas -I../baseforcing/princeton -I../baseforcing/rhone -I../suppforcing/agrrad -I../suppforcing/stg2 -I../suppforcing/stg4 -I../suppforcing/cmap -I../suppforcing/3B42RT -I../suppforcing/3B42V6 -I../suppforcing/cmorph -I../suppforcing/ceop -I../suppforcing/scan -I../lsms/template -I../lsms/noah.2.7.1 -I../lsms/noah.2.7.1/da_snow -I../lsms/noah.2.7.1/da_soilm -I../lsms/noah.2.7.1/da_sca -I../lsms/noah.2.7.1/cpl_wrf -I../lsms/clm2 -I../lsms/clm2/main -I../lsms/clm2/biogeophys -I../lsms/clm2/camclm_share -I../lsms/clm2/csm_share -I../lsms/clm2/ecosysdyn -I../lsms/clm2/cpl_wrf -I../lsms/vic -I../lsms/mosaic -I../lsms/hyssib -I../lsms/SiB2 -I../lsms/catchment -I../lsms/catchment/da_soilm -I../lsms/mlbc -I../lsms/sheels -I../dataassim/perturb/static -I../dataassim/perturb/gmaopert -I../dataassim/algorithm/di -I../dataassim/algorithm/gmaoenkf -I../dataassim/obs/syntheticsm1 -I../dataassim/obs/syntheticsm2 -I../dataassim/obs/syntheticswe1 -I../dataassim/obs/syntheticsca -I../dataassim/obs/AMSREsm -I../offline -I/opt/scali/include   ../core/drv_output_mod.F90

fortcom: Error: ../core/drv_output_mod.F90, line 58: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   Compiling with NetCDF

use netcdf

-

^

• Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2009 9:01 AM (in response to Clay Blankenship)
    Re: Compiling with NetCDF

Clay,

Easiest option will be to download NETCDF by yourself and compile the library. Otherwise please contact the NCCS support for getting the library built.

You can also try the baselibs build at :

/usr/local/other/baselibs/ESMF222rp3_NetCDF362b6_10.1.017_intelmpi

-Sujay

• Currently Being Moderated
      Jul 12, 2010 1:55 PM (in response to Sujay Kumar)
      Re: Compiling with NetCDF

Has there been any update relevant to this thread?

I'm getting the same NetCDF compilation error that Clay encountered (only difference is that I'm now using Intel 11.1).  I've tried all of the likely netcdf paths on Discover (including the /projects/lis/libs version) and have also compiled my own version of the NetCDF library, but no luck so far (might be due to problems with my NetCDF build).

Any ideas?  If not then I'll take the earlier advice and contact NCCS.

Thanks!

Ben

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points
USAGov logo NASA Logo - nasa.gov