Skip navigation
NASA Logo, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
921 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2009 9:17 AM by Eric Kemp RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 21, 2009 3:48 PM

Changing LIS resolution with USGS

With Sujay's help, I was able to run LIS on DISCOVER with the USGS land use cover at 25km resolution.  I am now trying to change the resolution to either 30 or 36 km, and the LIS hangs at the 3 hour mark.  When I kill the job, I get the following error messages (probably from standard error):

Changing LIS resolution with USGS: aborting job:

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 5

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 4

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 7

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 6

Changing LIS resolution with USGS[rdma_iba.c:220] Intel MPI fatal error: DTO operation posted for [4:

borgg128] completed with error. status=0x1. cookie=0x0

Terminated

What's strange is that I can run LIS at 25km using my own preprocessed data, instead of the existing 25km data stored by the LIS group.  The only differences in the lis.config files between resolutions are (1) the paths to the input data, and (2) the domain extents.  I followed the instructions given in https://modelingguru.nasa.gov/clearspace/thread/2995, so I think the domains are correct.  So I'm stuck.

I've attached the lis.config for the 36 km domain.  This was run in /discover/nobackup/emkemp/LIS_test/run

-Eric

Attachments:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 27, 2009 1:52 PM (in response to Eric Kemp)
    Re: Changing LIS resolution with USGS

Hi Eric,

Do you get any messages in the lis log files? Since you are working on discover, can you point me to where your 36km files are?

Another suggestion is to recompile with the -check all flags enabled so that you will get a more descriptive error when the code fails.

-S

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

USAGov logo NASA Logo - nasa.gov